Monday, March 9, 2015

A Call for Minions: 2015 April A to Z Challenge


It's that time of year again!

Yes, I know I skipped it last year, and to be honest, I'm not sure if I know what I'm getting into this year, but I've barely been blogging lately, so I thought signing up to co-host the April A to Z Blogging Challenge again this year might help kickstart my blogging bug again.

And that's where you come in!

I know no one reads this blog anymore, but hopefully a few people might see this who are participating in the Challenge, and know me or have read my posts in the past, and might be willing to help out.

If you're interested, let me know in the comments, and you can be on my team for the challenge.

Some co-hosts are calling their helpers minions, others muffins, others probably random other names I haven't seen yet. I don't have anything that creative to call mine, but I think just friends or helpers is good enough.

What will you need to do?

Basically, help me police the list. This year looks to be a little less crazy than previous years so far, but in the past thousands of blogs have joined the Challenge. That's a lot of entries to check to make sure people are participating, have necessary adult content warnings, and aren't just advertising or spam blogs.

Even with the number of co-hosts we have, it's not enough to police thousands of blogs, so we all enlist a few helpers. In 2013, the last time I co-hosted, I had 5 assistants. You can read about them here. I'm hoping to have as many this year, but would be willing to accept more if people are really interested.

Also, I completely forgot to blog the other day to mention my Five Year Blogiversary! I started my blog on March 3rd 2010, and it has now been over five years I've been doing this. I'm met some of the most amazing people, and even though I don't blog as much lately as I used to, I still love it, and do miss it.

How long have you been blogging? Are you joining the A to Z Challenge?

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you're interested in being an assistant!

12 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I am in on The Challenge! Will be sharing your call for assistants.
Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B ~ One of Tremp's Troops with the
A to Z Challenge

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I hope you get all the Minions you need.

DL Hammons said...

I'm doing the challenge again this year (after a 2 year absence), and I'll have my hands full just coping. Good luck in finding some helpers though! :)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I'm skipping this year's A to Z but will be reading your posts, Matt.

Elise Fallson said...

Because we'll be traveling smack dab in the middle of April, I'll have to sit this one out again this year. But good luck! :)

Susan Kane said...

I cannot be a minion, sorry. We, too, are traveling, to Chicago to visit our son.

My posts are at the starting gate, ready to burst out.

Sarah Ahiers said...

holy shit, dude! I totally missed my 5 year blogoversary too, in January! #blogfail

Arlee Bird said...

I'll share this so we can get you some help.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Arlee Bird said...

Oh, and happy blogiversary! I totally forgot about my 5 years of blogging anniversary last September.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Carrie-Anne said...

As a minion, how many blogs would I be required to read each day? I'd also love to help with culling the list. Being half-German, I have a predilection for fine details, so it really bothers me when I'm going through the list and see a blog that's just shilling for a business or hasn't updated in months. That's wasted time which could've been spent reading participating blogs.

farawayeyes said...

Awe Matt, I still stop by from time to time looking for new queries to critique, or music you've dissected.

Sorry, I can be no help on A to Z. Not doing it this year and trying desperately to finish up edits and rewrites on my WIP. The I can send you a Query letter to destroy.

Theresa Milstein said...

That is an awesome graphic. One day, when I have more time, I want to try A to Z again.

Happy Anniversary! :)